A little over a year ago, Mrs. K and I sat at my dining room table and made plans for a blog and a series of books for early readers. A month ago, December, 17, marked the first year anniversary of our blog. During the past year:
- We have received more than 10,000 views of our website.
- Two topics have tied for the most read blogs:
- how not to mix up b and d, and
- the meaning of CVC.
- The third most-read blog was about teaching vowel sounds.
- Many other well-read blogs concern methods of teaching reading and information about our book apps and funny pages.
- More than half the views come from U.S. readers.
- Yet viewers from the U.K, Canada, Australia, the Philippines, India, New Zealand and South Korea also read our blog often.
- Viewers come from every continent except Antarctica.
This information is useful in planning blogs for 2014. We thank you, our readers, for reading our blog, for leaving comments and for making suggestions for future blogs. Our goal is to continue to provide useful information for teaching little children how to read.
Are you running into problems teaching your child to read? Have you come across a new book that your child loves to read? Have you found web sites or apps that your child uses to learn to read? Let us know so we can pass along information to your fellow parents and teachers.
— Mrs. A